With this book, referred to as “The best running book ever” by Bob Anderson, founder of Runner’s World, there is much to be seen in everything that you will gain from running, whether you are just starting or training for your most advanced marathon.
From milers to ultramarathoners, a fit, fast, and injury-resistant running body, comes the best from a relentless pursuit of mileage. This easy-to-use workout manual draws on the latest research in running physiology to target all the components that go into every stride—including muscles, connective tissue, cardiovascular fitness, energy production, the nervous system, hormones, and the brain. With the breakthrough whole-body training program in Build Your Running Body, runners will improve their times, run longer and more comfortably, and reduce injury.
This book alone includes more than 150 workouts—from weightlifting and cross-training to resistance exercises and plyometrics—fine-tuned to individual skill levels and performance goals, PLUS:
• 393 photos that make it easy to follow every step of every workout
• 10 training programs to help runners of all levels integrate the total-body plan into their daily routines
• Interviews with leading runners, exercise scientists, and coaches—learn how elite runners train today
• Race strategy for the crucial weeks leading up to the competition and through to the finish line
• Exercises to prevent injury and rehabilitate common running ailments
• Seasoned insight on barefoot running, the pros and cons of stretching, and other hot-button topics
• Nutrition guidance on carbs, proteins, fats, and weight loss
• More than 30 recipes to speed recovery and cement fitness gains
• Beginners’ guidelines every step of the way
• Valuable tips on proper apparel, tracking your progress, and more!
With all of this in one location, there is nothing better than the ability to work as your own trainer. Improving your running skills, speed, endurance, strength, and much more. So, take a look!